Thursday, May 29, 2014

Accepting the Chaos of Life

WOW!  I know that life is not easy and the Lord never promised easy.  No one EVER told me that the roller-coaster of LIFE never stopped, only slowed from time to time.  

I am just as busy at 47 as I was when my son was first born, entered toddler hood and every year since! Where do you find the time to work full-time, have a clean house (not spotless, just clean), laundry done and PUT away, meals cooked, time for exercise, family time, friend time, personal time, date time with the hubby, grocery shopping time, hair appointment time...time with the Lord????  There are only 24 hours in a day and we should really sleep 7-8 hours of that 24 hours, so that leaves us with approximately 16 hours left and for some of us, 8 hours of that is at work, which leaves approximately 8...-1 hour for exercise / -15 minutes for shower/bath / -1 hour for cleaning-straightening-catching dust bunnies-/ 1 hour for lunch / -1 hour to cook dinner and wash dishes as you go / -45 minutes to get ready for work (makeup-hair-dress) / 30 minutes to chatting with family....that leaves me 2.5 hours....hmmm...what in the world did I miss...oh...time spent loving my animals, time spent on the road back and forth to work, time spent deciding what the heck to fix for dinner, time spent watching a little TV to catch the weather, time spent cleaning out litter box, time spent keeping up with my workout girls....time spent????REALLY....no wonder I am exhausted and tired.....in all of that time, I didn't pencil in the Lord.  No wonder my days are full of chaos.

I am thankful for the life that I have and for those that are in my life.  I do find myself longing for more time to spend reading.  I LOVE books and reading.  I am thankful that the Lord can meet me whenever I can meet Him.  I just hate that I allow that appointment to be cancelled more than it should be.

Yes, I long for quieter, slower days.  Days that I can actually sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in a rocking chair on a front porch with the breeze blowing ever so gently and seeing God's artwork all around and the creation that He made for my enjoyment and survival.  

The Lord never said my life would be easy......BUT, The Lord meets me each day where I am and gives me guidance, answers, things to ponder and comfort.


No comments: