Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ever Changing

It is so amazing to me to know that I'm an entirely different person today than I was several years ago. I've come such a long way and the journey wasn't always easy, but it is what defines me as a person. I look back on my life and can see God's hand and love always present, even when I refused to believe it. What crazy and stupid things I've done, but yet my God is a forgiving God and for that I'm ever grateful.

Life is like a flower. You grow, you bloom and you lose yourself, and then you start all over again. Thankfully each morning brings opportunities to allow God to work in my life that day and to hopefully say yes and not no to Him. It is so easy to allow the busyness of my life to distract me from God and his soft voice. I'm so trying to get back on track with my prayer time and continuing to read all that so that I will continue to grow as a woman, but especially as a daughter of the King.

We, as women, must remember to take time out of our busy schedule to pray, reflect, read, laugh, cry and just sit in the presence of our Heavenly Father. Jesus even went off to be alone to pray and meditate on his Father. We have permission to do the same. It is refreshing and always brings me back into the focus of God first and the rest falls into place.

This flower is need of a huge dose of spiritual water so that I may bloom and carry out God's will for that brief time.

Thank you God for always being there for me and allowing me to sit at your feet!

No comments: